Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Binding of Isaac



I'm feeling really off my DnD game.  Not very imaginative?  I talked with Ben about no longer being an artist, transitioning to science, and he mentioned that I wasn't as weird. Which was a positive for him, I had been thinking of myself as not being as interesting.  It's true that weird and interesting are not always the same, but I'm certainly feeling drained/not as ready to pick up and run with weird stuff.  Maybe I need to run a short adventure to get my legs back under me.

I've been playing and watching a lot of The Binding of Issac: Rebirth

It's a game that takes randomly generated dungeons and items and builds an interesting rouguelike.  It takes a lot from DnD, as well as many other sources.  I could build or make something based on that, certainly the randomly generated dungeon has its benefits.  What I really like about it though, is the strong committment to Body Horror and Filth and Sacrifice and Religion.  I'd like to make an adventure that wasn't afraid to deal with these the way I'd like to.   

No comments:

Post a Comment